Return to in Person Hearings
Beginning April 19, 2022, all BMZA Zoning Hearings will be conducted in person. At this time no hybrid option is available.
All BMZA Zoning Hearings will be conducted in person at City Hall, 100 N. Holliday Street, Room 215.
12:30 pm - General Meeting - no public participation
1:00 pm - Regular Docket
Docket Conclusion - Board Deliberations - no public participation
Until further notice, all participants must wear a mask in the hearing room. All applicants and those attending in support or opposition of any issue before the Board must be present no later than 1:00 pm. Each person testifying on a particular matter MUST sign in prior to testifying and provide their name, mailing address and email address. Cases are not called in the order in which they appear on the docket and those in attendance must stay alert. Applicants present their facts to the Board first, followed by testimony in support of that application, opposition will then testify and the applicant will have the last word before testimony closes.
There will be NO opportunity to provide the Board with electroic documents or "share screen" during the in person hearing. All of those wishing the Board to have documents to refer to MUST either email those documents to BMZA@baltimorecity.gov no later than Thursday before the scheduled hearing or bring 8 hard copies of the documents they wish to submit to the Board to the hearing.
BMZA is now accepting applications for new zoning appeals. To file a new zoning appeal, please follow these steps:
(1) Register and file for a permit through Baltimore City e-permits at https://dhcd.baltimorecity.gov/pi/e-permits
If zoning relief is required, you will be directed to file a zoning appeal with BMZA via epermits messageboard
(2) Complete a zoning appeal form (https://zoning.baltimorecity.gov, see application link on left)
Make sure to include both a valid email address and phone number and provide a written statement as to the relief required or the purpose of your appeal
(3) Prepare or have prepared a full site plan of the property (if a site plan of your property is not available, provide a brief explanation as to why a site plan cannot be provided or is not necessary for your appeal)
(4) Prepare or have prepared a full floor plan of the property (if a floor plan of your property is unavailable, provide a brief explanation as to why a site plan can not be provided or is not necessary for your appeal)
(5) Place all documents in drop-box located at Zoning Administration, 417 E. Fayette Street, Room 147, Baltimore, MD 21202 (by front door)
- zoning appeal form
- site plan
- floor plan
- payment of fees
(6) Once reviewed and accepted, BMZA will contact you by email with a public posting notice and the date for your hearing
Note: If materials submitted are not sufficient for processing, you will be required to cure any deficiencies prior your hearing.
Questions regarding the filing of appeal including fees? Please contact Zoning Administration at (410) 396-4126.
Questions regarding a previously or currently scheduled zoning appeal? Please contact BMZA at (410) 396-4301.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this state of emergency. Please continue to practice social distancing and all other measures directed by public health officials.