Welcome to Board of Municipal & Zoning Appeals
The Appeals Board hears and determines all zoning appeals, basing its decisions on what will promote the health, security, morals, and general welfare of the community. The board has these general goals:
- It prevents the overcrowding of land.
- Avoids undue concentration of population.
- Provides adequate light and air.
- Secures safety from fire, panic, and other dangers.
- Reduces congestion in the streets.
- Helps for adequate transportation, water, sewers, schools, parks, and other public services.
Public Information Act Requests
The agency head or executive director is the custodian of the records for this entity. You may contact David Tanner, 417 E Fayette St., #1432, Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-396-4301 or [email protected] about requesting records from this entity.